Odeon version 3.1
- Since the release of ODEON 3.0 the following extensions and new facilities have been implemented
- Room geometry can be imported into ODEON from CAD systems when the file is in DXF format. In order to make the model more suited for acoustic simulations, connected surfaces in the same plane are automatically combined into polygons.
- Build-in parametric modelling language (the ODEON .PAR format) for fast modelling and remodelling of geometries. Allows high level script modelling using constants, variables, mathematically expressions and programmatically constructs e.g. for..end constructs.
- Full calculation of STI has been added to the calculated parameters. The estimated overall background noise in the 125 Hz to 8 kHz octave bands may be entered by the user. Reference is given to IEC 268-16 (1988) "The objective rating of speech intelligibility in auditoria by the "RASTI" method".
DL2 - the rate of spatial decay of sound pressure levels per distance doubling - is calculated in multi point responses with a single point source. Reference is given to ISO TR 11690-3 "Recommended practice for the design of low-noise workplaces containing machinery - Part 3: Sound propagation and noise prediction in workrooms" and ISO 14257 "Measurement and modelling of spatial sound distribution curves in workrooms for evaluation of their acoustical performance".
- Compression tool for efficient archiving of project files.
- Reflector coverage, a visual tool displaying which part of a room is covered by a reflector arrangement.
- 3D display of sound source directivity files.
- A metre scale on all views of the room is enabled when the perspective function is turned off.
- Coordinates for definition of receiver points can be taken by pointing with cursor on a grid in a specified height over floor surfaces. This is particularly helpful in case of sloping floors.
To download a free trial you must be logged in as user.
A user account means that you will receive ODEON newsletters 2-4 times a year. You can at any time unsubscribe your account again, and your contact information is kept confidential within Odeon A/S.